Exam Proctoring / Supervision
The Guelph Public Library supports the lifelong learning goals of the community of Guelph. As such, the Library offers exam proctoring services to enable students to write tests and exams.
- Proctoring is available at the Main Library, 100 Norfolk St., Guelph.
- Proctoring is available during normal hours of operation, including Sundays, but is always subject to the availability of authorized staff and resources. Services must not disrupt normal Library operations. The Library maintains the right to turn down a request if staff or resources are not available.
- Exams may run for up to 3 hours in length and must be completed within 15 minutes of closing.
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact the Library directly to inquire about availability. A minimum of one week advance notice is required. An exam is not officially booked until the student and/or institution receive confirmation of same from the Library staff.
- The institution issuing the exam must provide the Library with all information relevant to the examination one week in advance of the exam date. The examination package must be sent from the issuing institution directly to the Library via mail, email, or fax. The Library will not be liable for any missing papers, samples, online passwords, or other documents related to the exam.
- The student must arrive within 15 minutes of the start of the exam. Fees owing* will be collected by the exam proctor at this time. Fees may be paid by cash, credit or debit card.
- Any Library staff may proctor an exam. However, this may be amended by requirements specified by the educational institution or company issuing the exam (e.g. Masters level librarian).
- Library staff will monitor students during examinations at regular intervals. Continuous supervision, if required by the institution, is subject to an extra fee (see below).
- Students must meet all identification requirements of the institution issuing the exam and show proof of identification prior to the start of the exam.
- Students may use their own laptop or a Guelph Public Library laptop, as well as the Library's wireless internet connection. If the student requires a laptop computer to be supplied by the Library, this must be arranged at the time of booking. The Library is not responsible for any unforeseen technical difficulties, including test interruptions due to loss of power or internet connection.
- The Library cannot proctor online exams that require installation of special software or modification of existing computer settings.
- Rescheduling of exam appointments is subject to approval and availability.
As of November 1, 2016, exam proctoring services are subject to the following fees (due in full prior to the start of the exam*): *An invoice may be provided for institutions willing to pay for students' exam fees.
- $40 for minimal supervision for up to 3 hours.
- $80 for continuous supervision for up to 3 hours.
- $40 per student for exams where multiple students will be supervised.
- Students or the examining institution are responsible for all additional charges involved in proctoring.
- Cost to return exam: $5 for return via standard mail, $15 for return via courier/express post.
To schedule an exam, please submit an Exam Proctoring Request Form.
For inquiries, please use contact information below.