The Guelph Public Library Welcomes Your Interlibrary Loan Requests!
Do you need an item that the Guelph Public Library doesn't have? We can request the item through Interlibrary Loan! Interlibrary Loan is a service which enables the borrowing of items that are not in the Guelph Public Library collection.
- Before you request an Interlibrary Loan, please check the Guelph Public Library catalogue. If we have the title you are looking for, please place a request through our catalogue
- For items published within the last year, please Suggest a Purchase as most libraries will not lend out new material though Interlibrary Loan.
How can I request an item through Interlibrary Loan?
There are two options to request items through Interlibrary Loan.
Sign up for a Self-Serve Interlibrary Loan account and access the INFOntario Interlibrary Loan System.
Visit or contact the library about your request, and a staff member will assist you. You may also submit an online Interlibrary Loan request that library staff will initiate on your behalf.
How much does it cost?
- Interlibrary loans from other public libraries are usually free of charge.
- Shipping charges may occasionally apply; we will inform you of any charges before placing requests.
- Academic and non-public libraries may charge lending fees. Fees may range from $8 to $35. We will inform you of any lending fees before placing requests
- Fees for ordered items must be paid upon the item’s arrival regardless of whether the item is picked up.
- Fines will be charged on overdue Interlibrary Loan materials in accordance with Guelph Public Library policies.
- Lost or damaged items will be charged to your account as determined by the lending library.
If you have any questions, or wish to cancel a request, please contact the Interlibrary Loan department by phone at 519-824-6220 ext. 243, or by e-mail at email@example.com