The Guelph Public Library Welcomes Your InterLibrary Loan Requests!What is InterLibrary Loan?
Any borrowed book or item that comes from another library outside of the Guelph Public Library system is considered an InterLibrary Loan. Before placing an InterLibrary Loan you must check the Guelph Public Library's catalogue first to determine if the item is available within the collection.What is Self-Serve InterLibrary Loan?
Self-Serve InterLibrary Loan is a do-it-yourself service whereby library users place InterLibrary Loan requests themselves. This program offers the convenience of placing InterLibrary Loans from any location that carries an Internet connection.Online Registration Form
Note: You must have a valid Guelph Public Library card to register for this service.
If you are already registered, click here to sign in.
You must register to use the Self-Serve InterLibrary Loan service. You will be emailed a user name and password once your account has been created. Remember to change your password.
* Required Fields
Rules and Regulations for InterLibrary Loan
- Before placing an InterLibrary Loan, please check the Guelph Public Library catalogue for the item to ensure that it is not available within the collection.
- Items published in the last 12 months are not available through InterLibrary Loan. You may submit a Suggest a Purchase form for recently published items.
- The standard loan period is three to five weeks. To renew an item, contact the Guelph Public Library five days before the item is due.
- The request process can vary depending on the item's availability.
- Lending libraries may restrict items from being borrowed.
- Regular GPL late fees apply.
- Sometimes libraries will apply a charge for borrowing their materials. You will always be asked for your consent before a transaction takes place. If you accept the charges, you will be required to pay them before picking up your InterLibrary Loan request.
- Damaged or lost items will be charged to your account.
- The Guelph Public Library has the right to restrict customers from using the InterLibrary Loan service if the customer is deemed abusive to the service.